The South Jersey Football Frenzy Show, hosted by Mark Trible and Coach Mac, just finished up its broadcast for previewing Week 2 action, and the first installment of “Glory Days’ Best 11” is out! Here’s a look at the 11 best teams in the West Jersey Football League, according to Trible and Mac. Tune in each Wednesday at 7 p.m. for their Facebook Live show (facebook.com/acglorydays) and find out who the No. 1 team in our rankings is! The show is presented by Cherry Hill Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM as well as Bunting Family Pharmacy in Northfield.
11. Winslow (1-0): The Eagles opened some eyes with a big-time, 15-12 win over Camden in the season opener last weekend, a game that included a late defensive stand down near the goal line to preserve the victory. “They have to back it up this week. It’s going to be a tough one against Seneca,” Coach Mac says.
10. Burlington Township (1-0): A.J. Johnson helped lead Township to a 22-0 shutout over Willingboro in the season opener. Willingboro is a team that ran the table last year after a season-opening loss against Cedar Creek.
9. Penns Grove (1-0): “Penns Grove has earned it. I love Nasir ‘Hollywood’ Robinson and I like the play they got from their quarterback,” Trible says.
8. Hammonton (1-0): The Blue Devils scored a solid victory over Millville, beating the Bolts 27-22, and now face a Vineland team that will be starting its season in the Bunting Family Pharmacy Game of the Week.
7. Shawnee (0-1): “When you lose a tough one against Wilson, Shawnee wants to rebound off of that. They’ll lick their wounds early in the week and hopefully go out and get a win over Washington Township,” said Coach Mac. The Renegades lost a tough one last week as Woodrow Wilson came back to win, 34-27, in a back-and-forth game.
6. Cherokee (1-0): The Mall Chevrolet Game of the Week features the Chiefs taking on Woodrow Wilson. Surprisingly, this will be the first meeting ever between these two schools.
5. Holy Spirit (1-0): The Spartans came out with a strong effort in the season opener, beating rival St. Joseph 18-6, and face another tough road test on Saturday when they head to Egg Harbor City to take on Cedar Creek. QB Trevor Cohen threw for three touchdowns in the win over St. Joe’s. “I like Russo, I like Roman, I like Minetti, and they have a lot of guys back at the skill positions like Steward, and Smith, and Cohen,” Trible says.
4. Woodrow Wilson (1-0): Wilson is coming off a big win over Shawnee and now looks to back it up with a victory over Cherokee in the Mall Chevrolet Game of the Week.
3. Lenape (0-0): “I think both (Lenape and St. Augustine Prep) will be playing angry, fast. These kids love playing football. This is what these kids do and this is what they’ve been waiting a little bit too long to do,” Coach Mac said. The Indians begin their season Friday night by hosting Eastern Regional.
2. St. Augustine Prep (0-0): The Hermits, a team loaded with Division I talent, travels to Millville this weekend to finally start their season, which was pushed back a week due to positive Covid-19 tests at the schoool.
- Williamstown (1-0): “Until they are dethroned, you have to keep them where they are,” Coach Mac said of the team that took care of Timber Creek in its season opener, led by a strong effort on both sides of the ball from Brody Colbert. This week, Williamstown travels to Kingsway in another big matchup.