We’re at the final weekend of the regular season (save for some Thanksgiving week games) and the South Jersey Football Frenzy Show’s Best 11 rankings have come into pretty clear focus — so much so that there wasn’t a single change from last week.
Check out how show hosts Mark Trible and Coach Mac see things shaking out among the best teams in the West Jersey Football League. You can catch their weekly show every Wednesday at 7 p.m. at facebook.com/acglorydays, and see Trible’s Sunday morning podcast, “Hat’s Off”, every week at 9 a.m. on that same Facebook live feed.
The Best 11 rankings:
11. Woodbury (8-0): “They rolled over Burlington City last week and they will be No. 1 seed in the South Jersey Group 1 playoffs,” Trible says. The Herd have scored 289 points this season while yielding only 46.
10. Woodrow Wilson (5-2): Following a loss to Cedar Creek, the Tigers ripped off three straight wins, including a 28-12 win over Holy Spirit, the former No. 1 team in the Best 11 rankings.
9. Cherokee (5-2): “Bam Boria absolutely rolled through Kingsway last week and I think they showed they can get it done no matter the circumstances,” Trible says. “Another guy, Bill Westerby, came off the edge and played great on the defensive line.”
8. Washington Township (6-2): Took one on the chin against St. Joseph Academy, but the Minutemen still should be a very high seed in the state playoffs.
7. Delsea Regional (8-0): The Crusaders scored 42 points in last week’s win over Mainland without throwing a pass.
6. Ocean City (8-0): The Red Raiders get a chance for some payback against Williamstown on Saturday. Last year, the Raiders’ season came to an end when they were trailing the Braves at halftime and Williamstown was called back home because of a Covid issue.
5. Winslow (6-2): The Eagles got back on track after a loss to Cedar Creek in a big way as they throttled Holy Spirit behind four touchdown passes from QB Hamas Duren.
4. St. Joseph Academy (7-2): The Wildcats got legendary coach Paul Sacco win No. 350 last week when they took down Washington Township.
3. Cedar Creek (9-0): Says Trible, “When you’re talking about Group 3 in South Jersey, there are some good teams, but Cedar Creek has proven themselves to be the best of the best.” QB J.C. Landicini has passed for more than 2,000 yards and RB Ja’Quan Howard has broken the 1,000-yard mark.
2. Millville (7-1): “You heard about Lotzier Brooks, then you saw about Lotzier Brooks. Coach Dennis Thomas sends me stats on Friday nights and he sends them pretty late because there is a lot of adding up to do. And I say to myself, ‘these can’t be right!'” Trible says.
1. St. Augustine Prep (7-1): Coach Mac talked about the way they’ve been able to run the ball, how big they are up front, the playmakers on the outside — Nasir Hill, Kenny Selby, Trey McLeer doing a great job at quarterback, Denis Jaquez going to Northwestern can do it all both at tight end and defensive end, Franklin Simms. A lot of players that a lot of teams would be lucky to have one of them, St. Augustine has a whole crew of them. They are a really, really, really good team. No. 1 without a question,” Trible says.